Monday, November 20, 2006

von Math: 1+1=3

My fiance is begging me to have a 3-way. Should I do it?

****

Boy, if I had a dime for everytime someone asked me this question. No, really, I'd be rolling in it.

But back to business, it worries me that you ask if you "should" do something. When it comes to your body and your sex life, there are no "shoulds" except that you must be kind to your own physical and emotional well-being.

Threesomes are tricky - it's one thing when it happens one crazy night in college fueled by an entire bottle of Jose Cuervo, and an entirely different thing when you introduce a third party into a committed, monogamous relationship. You should never jeapordize your own physical and emotional safety simply for an orgasm, or act under pressure to please someone else. That said, many couples find threesomes to be a delightful, fulfilling and liberating experience. The key is clear and honest communication between all parties involved. I found this article and this article on the web, which might help you as you contemplate making a fantasy a reality, and all the practicalities involved in actually orchestrating a threesome.

As an alternative, or perhaps a baby step, might I suggest a little bit of creative roleplay to "test" out a threesome with just you and your fiance? You can pretend to be someone you both have a crush on (dress up for extra fun), and seduce your fiance, or vice versa. How to start? Just begin the conversation, "Honey, if you walked into the bedroom and found [insert fantasy lover], what would you do?" Have your fiance act out the fantasy as he describes it to you.
It will be just like having sex with a third person, but there will be only two of you in the room.

Have fun!

Love,
von Hottie

No comments: