Friday, November 16, 2007

a little concealer goes a long way

Dear von Hottie,

I have a date with a really cute guy tonight, and I've been looking forward to it all week.
This morning, I woke up with a giant pimple on the center of my forehead.
I should cancel, right?

Love,
Blemished and Banished in Brooklyn

*******************************************************

Dear B & B in Brooklyn,

While I'm not sure if the rules are different in the world of same-sex dating, I personally have never been a fan of letting a little blemish hold you back in life. Put some cream on it (I hear toothpaste works wonders in a pinch), add little concealer, and you're good to go. It's really all about attitude. That said, if you think you'll spend the whole night just thinking about the blemish, which will prevent you from really getting to know and enjoy your date, then sure, cancel. But honestly, I think you should go ahead with the date. If this man can't love you, blemishes and all, then you have no business dating him in the first place.

Love,
von Hottie

p.s. A very handsome, very wise person told me once that when in trouble, just apply more lipgloss. It draws attention to the more important things in life.

No comments: