Monday, November 20, 2006

Too red or not too red?

Dear von Hottie,I'm a girl who has been blessed with big lips (the ones on my face, duh! Don't be dirty!). Although I have always felt rather proud and smug as I pass by the lip-plumping action lipsticks at Duane Reade, I get a bit lost when I try to comprehend all of the options for a full lip figured girl such as myself. Gloss? Shimmer? Can a lady with big lips wear red? Pink? Should I stick to a dab of Vaseline and call it a day? Help me von hottie!
Signed,
Trying to Avoid the "Clown Look"
Brooklyn, NY
********

Dear Trying in Brooklyn,
I have two words for you: Angelina Jolie. She’s famous for having a multi-cultural family, an action-packed film career, a drop-dead gorgeous baby daddy, and big full RED lips. You should not be afraid to wear gloss, shimmer, pink or red. The key is to balance the rest of your makeup so you look like a luscious lady and not a lady of the night. For your first foray into the decadent world of red, I recommend Angel Red by Clinique. It’s a modest, muted red for people who do not wear red. If I ever feel that my lips are too red, I layer a thin coat of gloss or chapstick over my red lipstick and smash my lips together, which makes me feel as if I’ve diluted what might have been an overpowering amount of red.
Most importantly though, remember that it’s not what you put on your lips, but what you say with them that counts.
Love,
von Hottie

No comments: